Wednesday, March 23, 2011

On my Wish List, In my Dreams

If I had an unlimited budget, I would buy Jan Hilmer's Lily Hooded Jacket without hesitation. Beautifully cut, it is a glamorous and useful outer garment for traveling to England and Cornwall! A hip jacket to wear in London, it works as a practical coat in the country as well.

Also, since last year, I've been lusting after Alexander McQueen's celtic lace leggings, but I never submitted the final purchase button. After all, I'm only one year shy of age sixty! Since I'm age nineteen in my brain, usually I go with that. But my fear of being viewed as a foolish older woman desperately trying to look younger prevented me from completing the purchase.

Perhaps if I lose ten pounds I'll become more courageous. :-) I think those leggings are fantastic! I most definitely would have worn them in my twenties and am attracted to them in the same way today.

As of this week, however, I never may be able to own them. They've been sold out since February at Alexander McQueen boutiques; the last retailer I could find that sold them was Nieman Marcus. This outfit (includes the leggings) has been on my wishlist at NM, and now the leggings are unavailable.
It's probably obvious that I'm experimenting with polls within blog posts. Please humor me, answer my poll below as well, and feel free to leave a comment if you have more details. I'll report on the answers in a future post.



What Shoes to Wear with the Leather Jacket and Lace Leggings?

Once I reached age 36 or so (23 years ago), I began to wear lower heels and actively seek comfortable, chic, supportive shoes. At home I wear orthotic but attractive sandals with good arch support and cushioned footbeds. This limits my footwear choices, but makes a huge difference in preventing a tired and aching back and legs after a long day on my feet. Typical "slippahs" (flip flops) are worn by most folks in Hawaii, but don't work for me.

Christian Louboutin's footwear earns consistent rave reviews for sheer beauty and perfection in design, but also for comfort while walking and wearing his breathtaking designs.

Of course, I never could wear heels as high as the model wearing the celtic lace leggings and Victorian bustle dress above. However, I'm pretty sure that I could handle these Sexy 85 open toe pumps from the master himself, and I'm very sure I can handle his 70s. Perhaps it's a dream, but I've set my intention to find a bargain price for the perfect pair of Loubies!

Perhaps the real question should be this: With the gothic influences in these two pieces, am I trying to channel my niece Shannon? Hmmm .....
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment