Saturday, July 7, 2012

Gala Celebration of Love

A dream wedding, and accompanying events, were hosted by my dear friends in Amsterdam. Truly the party of my lifetime! They brought together a group of like minded, fun loving, successful people from around the globe. Various festivities ensued for four full days, with some fringe activities before and after. The wedding and reception were truly unforgettable -- worthy of royalty -- and they took place in an exclusive, fantastic private club on the Dam Square, across from the palace.

But what to wear? Since I lack the self discipline that I needed to lose ten pounds, I didn't look my best. Hubby looked fantastic! Here's what I ended up wearing to the ceremony and reception:

Enjoying the festive occasion, filled with love!

I bought this rose-coral dress from Alexander McQueen's spring-summer 2012 collection, and am quite pleased with it. When I've lost those ten pounds, I'll be truly delighted to wear it! The dress is paired with my Prada "dark nude" patent pumps, which are low-heeled with a platform and quite comfortable. A local artist in Hawi crafted my multi-strand pearl necklace. The cape is also by McQueen ... from his final collection, so I treasure it. I carried my vintage Bally quilted gold leather bag, and felt pretty good about how it all came together.



I could have worn a belt, but I didn't want to emphasize my waistline. I continue to look for a great belt, but it's a low priority effort. One of my favorite looks for this dress accessorizes it with navy, so great navy accessories are also on my radar.

No comments:

Post a Comment