Monday, March 28, 2011

Choosing Accessories

I am in the process of narrowing down the myriad scarves, shawls, capes and jewelry that I own to select key pieces to complement and accent my travel wardrobe.

I own quite a few beautiful scarves, but only one by Hermès. I want to take it out of retirement and put it to use on my upcoming trip. The problem is that its flame red has more orange than the lipstick red (tops and cardigan) that will accent my basic blacks. Sigh ... wearing it only with black and white does not meet my versatility goal. However, it only weighs 2.5 ounces (plus the weight of a protective ziploc bag). Okay ... to use or not to use?



It will work well with black basic separates, and with black pants or skirt, white shirt, black vest, but I hope to figure out one more use. Maybe a lightweight gold camisole and all else black, plus the scarf?

First things first. I can't present accessories until I've specified the basic pieces of clothing I plan to take. A photo session is required. Stay tuned.

1 comment: