Saturday, April 23, 2011

Travel Jackets

To be practical, I travel with a large black hooded windbreaker that is water repellant, and that fits over several layers of clothing without a problem. It has velcro openings in the arms, armpits, sides, and other spots for ventilation, in case it's raining but too warm. It's not pretty, but it's proven to be a valuable, lightweight travel jacket.



But I want to "honor my closet" by wearing some of my special pieces during my upcoming trip to the U.K. Normally, I take a more generic, safe travel wardrobe.

I'm trying to decide between taking my vintage wool batwing jacket by Janice Wainwright:

batwing jacket by Janice Wainwright from the 1970s
olive green wool, with cinnamon and black trim

or my Chanel jacket:

Chanel jacket (09A)
black and navy boucle with fringe and black trim
I think either one works well with my black basics, and each would give the basics a completely different look. The cape can go to the theatre (War Horse), and the Chanel jacket can be worn to high tea at the Ritz. The jacket presents a space issue, as it's kind of bulky and I don't fancy traveling in it. The batwing jacket is a definite go -- it packs very nicely.

More to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment